Latin America Regional Council Meeting Recap
The bi-annual Latin America Regional Council (LARC) Meeting, held at the Miami Airport Marriott on March 8, 2018, welcomed over 150 OSAC constituents from the United States and throughout Latin America. The day-long program covered several timely issues and a slate of experts to address these critical topics:
Current U.S. Policy in Latin America: Cuba, Venezuela, Colombia and Mexico
- Dr. Brian Latelli, Latin America and Caribbean Specialist, Florida International University (FIU)
- Frank Mora, Director, Kimberley Green Latin America and Caribbean Center
The Rising Threat of Foreign Intelligence
- Dina Corsi, Deputy Assistant Director, FBI
Electronic Intellectual Property Crimes
- Luke Bencie, Managing Director, Security Management International, LLC
- Mark Lawrence, Senior VP of IT Security, Orion Security Solutions
Natural Disaster Preparedness and Response
- Frank Hackett, Lead, Incident Management, Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines
- Carlos Castillo, Regional Disaster Office, American Red Cross
- John Patterson, Humanitarian Assistant Advisor to the Military, USAID’s Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance
- Dr. Richard Olson, Director, FIU’s Extreme Events Institute
- Cynthia Berry, Global Continuity and Resiliency, Adtalem
The Student Research Team at FIU also presented “Assessment of Colombia’s Threat Environment Post FARC-Peace Accords & Divergent Scenarios for Mexico’s Security Environment Post Presidential Elections.”
The LARC Meeting, made possible by the generosity of our sponsors (below) and the International Security Foundation, was free to any OSAC constituent and included a networking opportunity. The LARC, one of OSAC’s five regional councils, boasts a constituency of more than 500 members spanning Fortune 500 companies, international development groups, academia and faith-based organizations.
Thank you, OSAC and the LARC Executive Committee, for planning the event and thank you to the wonderful speakers and sponsors.
A&G Seguridad Ltda.
SOS Security, LLC
Ernst & Young