PARC Celebrates its 10th Anniversary
The Pan-Asia Regional Council (PARC) celebrated its 10th anniversary meeting on October 10 and 11, 2018, with a return to where it all started: Oracle headquarters in Redwood Shores, California. Ten years ago, Oracle co-hosted the first-ever PARC meeting; Oracle hosted the first day, while Visa hosted day two.
Since its start in 2008, PARC, one of the Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC) Common Interest Councils, has been a vital safety and security resource for more than 250 U.S. organizations with business activities and/or facilities throughout Asia. PARC’s meetings, events and information-sharing network help its more than 500 members to collaborate, network, and benchmark on international safety and security issues across Asia’s diverse political agendas, cultures, languages, laws and business regulations.
Organized by the PARC Steering Committee, the two-day 2018 anniversary meeting welcomed 152 participants for a full program focused on security management across the Pan-Asia region presented by an impressive, global network of experts. Ample networking opportunities throughout the event allowed peer-to-peer connections, so vital to the OSAC network, to thrive.
Pictured (l. to r.): Tom Scanlon, OSAC Executive Director, and PARC Meeting Keynote Speaker, Dr. Condoleezza Rice, 66th U.S. Secretary of State.
For more photos, visit the PHOTO GALLERY.
SPEAKERS AND SESSIONS
Opening Address: Michael Evanoff, Assistant Secretary of State, Bureau of Diplomatic Security
Geopolitics in Asia-Pacific
- Morgan Dibble, East Asia and Pacific Analyst, OSAC
The Future of China and U.S.-China Relations
- Evan Medeiros, Penner Family Chair in Asian Studies, Georgetown University
Political Transitions in Southeast Asia
- Matthew Boote, Program Officer, East Asia and Pacific, OSAC
- Dane Chamorro, Senior Partner – Asia Pacific, Control Risks, Control Risks Group
- Mike Malley, Senior Lecturer, Executive Director of PASCC/CCC, Naval Post Graduate School
- Amy Reynolds, Senior Asia-Pacific Analyst, Sibylline
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Condoleezza Rice, 66th U.S. Secretary of State
Best Practices in the Modern Ops Center
- Alexander Carrillo, Head of Global Security Operations Centers, Facebook
- Micah Dickinson, Senior Vice President, Citi Security & Investigative Services
- Scott Jones, Head of NEXT (New & Experimental Thinking), Amazon Corporate Security
Proactive and Predictive Security Through the Application of Big Data and Visual Analytics
- Abish Malik, Founder and Chief Technology Officer, Davista Technologies
- Ty Richmond, President, Integrated Security Solutions and Technology, Allied Universal
PARC @ 10
- Patrick Durkin, Chief of Investigations, General Counsel Office, Bechtel
- Michael Russo, Director, Global Security, Eli Lilly and Company
- Tom Seaney, former Visa Head of Security, Original PARC Co-Chair
- Dave Simpson, former Nike Head of Security, Former PARC Co-Chair
- Corey Vitello, Senior Director, Global Security + Safety, Visa
Information and Power: The Changing Information Landscape in Asia-Pacific
- Meredith Wilson, Founder and CEO, Emergent Risk International, LLC
The Role of Social Media During General Elections in India and Bangladesh
- Bina Surati, South and Central Asia Analyst, OSAC
Hostage Recovery and the U.S. Government
- Martha Beltran, Supervisory Special Agent, FBI, Hostage Recovery Fusion Cell
- Matt Hammill, Intelligence Analyst, NCTC Hostage Intelligence Branch
- Joshua Maynard, Political Analyst, NCTC Hostage Intelligence Branch
Case Study of Private-sector Protective Operations Provided to the U.S. Government in Afghanistan
- Pete Dordal, Jr., President, GardaWorld Federal Services
THANK YOU TO SPONSORS AND SPEAKERS
Thank you to Oracle for hosting the event, to the wonderful speakers, the dedicated PARC Steering Committee, Michael Evanoff, Assistant Secretary of State, Bureau of Diplomatic Security, Tom Scanlon, OSAC Executive Director, and the talented Research and Information Support Center (RISC) staff for an exceptional forum. We especially are grateful to our generous Platinum Sponsors, Securitas and Target, our Gold Sponsors — Oracle, Sentinel Resource Group, Snap, Inc. and Sony – and to the companies, organizations and individuals who support ISF.