10th Annual Hotel Security Training Seminar
On March 12-14, 2019, the Hotel Security Working Group (HSWG) held its 10th annual Hotel Security Training Seminar at Hilton Grand Abu Dhabi in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
The HSWG Event Planning Committee, led by HSWG Chair John Giacalone of Hilton Worldwide and Vice-Chair Alan Orlob of Marriott International, Inc., created a robust two-day security seminar with experts from around the globe. After welcome remarks by Steven C. Bondy, Chargé d’Affaires, U.S. Embassy Abu Dhabi, participants enjoyed speakers and panels on such vital topics specific to the hotel security industry as:
- A Global Take on Countering Terrorism Within Protective Security and Preparedness
- Targeting Trends: Threats to Hospitality in the Middle East
- Human Trafficking and the Hotel Industry
- Protecting Your Hotel Against Fraud and Cyber-Crime, and
- A detailed examination of the Las Vegas Shooting
Each day, HSWG members in attendance received hands-on training in the Stop the Bleed program, training simulations, sessions on how to brief management and human trafficking and guided networking sessions. These interactive, rotating sessions added to the comprehensive, best-practice dissemination that is the hallmark of OSAC events. In conjunction with the trip to Abu Dhabi, the OSAC group also attended the Country Council reception in Baghdad.
Thank you to OSAC, the Hilton Grand Abu Dhabi, the speakers and the HSWG Steering and Planning Committees. We are especially grateful to our generous sponsors who made this important event possible.
- Argus True ID
- Safe Hotels
- MS Shift
- Safemark Systems
- Evolv Technology Inc.
- Accor Lodging North American, Inc.
- Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
- Hilton Worldwide
- Hyatt Hotels
- InterContinental Hotel Group
- Marriott International, Inc.
- Radisson Hotel Group